WP5: Integration and Validation
- Data centre performance baseline capture
- Platform integration
- Technology validation
Year 1 Achievements
- WP5 targeted the specification of the development and integration methodology and identified the adequate tools to archive the integration of GENiC components.
- Guidelines were developed to provide insight on how to maintain the correct procedures to archive and simplify the integration of the software components developed in WP2, WP3 and WP4.
- In collaboration with WP1 a baseline for energy consumption within the demonstration sites was established and use cases defined.
Year 2 Achievements
- The initial GENiC integrated platform is complete – based on the components developed in WP2 to WP4, the GENiC architecture, interfaces and common data format specified in WP1 & WP4 and the integration process defined in WP4.
Year 3 Achievements
- Platform integration completed
- All GENiC Component (GC) and GENiC Component Groups (GCG) (Workload, Thermal, Power) were fully integrated and tested
- Simulators GC are fully integrated
- The interactions of the components with the communication middleware were tested
- Validation of technology completed
- The software components and systems were validated for the main GENiC demonstrator site in Cork Institute of Technology
- The individual parts of Simulators GENiC components were validated based on measurements gathered at Spain and Ireland DEMO sites
- The debugging and testing of several simulations setups demonstrate the Simulators capability to handle multi-scale and multi-domain systems.
- Customised set of tools were implemented for testing, debugging and verification.