- Heat recovery demonstration
- Implementation strategies in test bed facilities
- Energy optimization and control strategies demonstration
Year 2 Achievements
- Heat recovery feasibility study
- Demo site evaluation in order to plan for GENiC demo activities in year 3 of project.
Year 3 Achievements
- Heat recovery demonstration and implementation strategies in test bed facilities were completed for three scenarios
- normal operation (to characterise the equipment and tailor their behaviour to the data centre demand profiles)
- green operation (scale factors are applied to the real renewable facilities, trying to cover the total amount of energy requested by demonstration data centre),
- smart operation (the Supervisory Intelligence instructions are applied to the renewable energy producers).
- Energy optimisation and control strategies demonstration showed the effectiveness of
- the GENiC platform for optimal coordination of data centre cooling units
- the integrated energy optimisation platform when linked with dynamic server workload balancing distribution
- the installation and operation of the wireless sensor network in the CIT Data centre
- the monitoring and visualisation of the platform functionality