Use cases for the commissioning phase
Wireless Sensor Network Deployment
1. System integrator captures baseline environment characterization for radio propagation model (or uses data already available from a previous/similar survey).
2. System integrator specifies configuration data:
- Data center layout (geometry),
- Available node types (e.g. sensor types and device properties),
- Possible node locations (e.g. zones or specific points),
- Network requirements (e.g. topology type and preferred channels), and
- Application requirements (e.g. sampling interval).
3. WSN Design Tool GC generates deployment plan for wireless sensor network, this in-cludes the device locations and parameter settings (channel, sensing interval, transmit power, parent base station).
4. System integrator deploys wireless sensor network according to deployment plan.
5. Wireless Monitoring GC starts providing sensor data measurements, network statistics, and device statistics to WSN Design Tool GC.
Steps 2 to 5 are repeated if configuration data changes.
GENiC Platform Configuration
The process is similar to the GENiC Platform design use case, but focuses on data center specific inputs and algorithms.
1. Initial workload, thermal, and power measurement data sets are required as inputs for calibration of the Simulators GC.
2. Simulators GC acquires sample weather data via External Data Acquisition GC.
3. System integrator defines system configuration parameters.
4. Simulator provides virtual system response.
5. System integrator evaluates system response and refines system configuration.
6. System integrator updates GENiC platform configuration.
The process is repeated until performance is satisfactory.