- GENiC year 3 review planned for November 23rd 2016
- September 2016 – Milestone MS5 Integrated energy management platform demonstration, performance and benefit analysis achieved
- GENiC interim review held at the project demonstation site in Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland on June 1st and 2nd 2016
- May 2016 GENiC – Milestone MS4 Technology Validation achieved
- GENiC presented at FP7 Data Centre Cluster Collaboration meeting in Barcelona, 3rd – 4th March 2016
- A GENiC technical workshop was hosted by ATOS in Madrid on 1st-2nd February 2016 in order to agree on the work plan for year 3, this included internet data centre workload optimisation, energy minimization for globally distributed data centres, VM resource demand prediction, standardisation and the GENiC activities under the smart cities DC cluster.
- GENiC to host First International Workshop on Sustainable Data Centres and Cloud Computing – S3DC held in conjunction with 8th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing – UCC 2015
- GENiC year 2 review planned for November 18th, 2015
- September 2015 – Milestone MS3 Achieved: Integrated data centre energy management platform and services completed.
- A GENiC technical workshop was hosted by IBM in Zurich 20-21st January 2015 in order to agree on the final approach to integration for year 2, this included visualisation, data exchange format, GENiC component specification and interaction and the GENiC activities under the smart cities DC cluster.
- A followup technical workshop was hosted by CIT on 20-22nd May 2015 focusing on system integration targeting GENiC component deployment and interaction.
- GENiC year 1 review planned for November 18th, 2014
- Consortium members CIT & UTRC-I represent GENiC at the Smart Cities Energy related DC Cluster Collaboration Meeting in Barcelona on 10th September, 2014
- Energy Audit takes place at CIT test sites on July 22-23rd, 2014
- Thermal Management Workshop takes place at CIT on May 19-21th, 2014
- Consortium members UTRC-I, Acciona, IBM & Atos represent GENiC at the Smart Cities Energy related DC Cluster Collaboration Meeting in Barcelona on March 1st 2014
- GENiC Architecture meeting at TU/e Eindhoven 23-24th January 2014
- The GENiC kick-off meeting took place at the Nimbus Centre, Cork Institute of Technology, Cork, Ireland on the 29th and 30th of October 2013